- 1 1. Can You See Me Now?
- 2 2. SMBs and E-Commerce
- 3 3. CPG Success: Top-Shelf Solutions
- 4 4. Hunger Games: Managing Food Logistics Challenges When Demand Spikes
- 5 5. TURBOCHARGED! Secrets of Expedited Shipping
- 6 6. 2019 Trucking Perspectives
- 7 7. Green Supply Chains: Sustainability Sells
- 8 8. 19 Intermodal Tips for Success
- 9 9. Today’s Distribution Center: You Say You Want an Evolution?
- 10 10. 3PL Power
These Inbound Logistics articles caught your eye and claimed your clicks. From weaving sustainable practices into your supply chain to revealing how Impossible Burger met impossibly high demands, here is the 2019 content that got you buzzing.
1. Can You See Me Now?
New technologies such as blockchain and the Internet of Things are helping companies gain greater supply chain visibility. The challenge? Visibility often remains limited when products are in transit.
2. SMBs and E-Commerce
Small to mid-sized retailers have a tough time competing with the giants, but creating an exceptional customer experience and offering customizable products can help smaller businesses set themselves apart.
3. CPG Success: Top-Shelf Solutions
Consumer packaged goods companies face an evolving omnichannel marketplace. Successful companies can embrace the changes by offering home delivery, buy-online-pickup-in-store options, and fulfillment through online platforms.
4. Hunger Games: Managing Food Logistics Challenges When Demand Spikes
Food and beverage companies can analyze a product’s demand history, use analytics to identify the signs of a spike, and automate operations to stay on target.
5. TURBOCHARGED! Secrets of Expedited Shipping
Sometimes there’s no avoiding turbocharged transportation. Whether a patient is waiting for an organ or a lack of materials is delaying construction, it’s possible to move freight of any size at any speed that customers require.
6. 2019 Trucking Perspectives
Tight trucking capacity was no longer a major concern for shippers and carriers, but insurance and driver-related costs posed the biggest obstacles, according to our 2019 Trucking Survey.
7. Green Supply Chains: Sustainability Sells
Three companies reveal how they nurture environmentally friendly practices in their supply chains and why it’s a beneficial way to do business.
8. 19 Intermodal Tips for Success
Experts share how shippers can get the most out of intermodal transportation by choosing the right loads and examining all their options.
9. Today’s Distribution Center: You Say You Want an Evolution?
Distribution centers are moving closer to urban areas, leveraging technology, and adding amenities to attract skilled workers to accommodate increasingly faster delivery times.
10. 3PL Power
A strong connection with third-party logistics providers can help shippers respond nimbly to the ups and downs of their daily supply chain operations.